Tuesday, April 8, 2008

R.I.P. Aziz James

It’s amazing what you can do if you believe in yourself. With the right attitude, and the right inspiration, possibilities are endless.

This weekend, I lost a very dear friend. One that always had this special ability to make me feel like I could do anything. One that was always passionate and dedicated to the things and ones he loved.

Losing him made me devastated, so devastated in fact, that yesterday I tried to write and I just couldn’t do it. I couldn’t even think about a topic to write about let alone how to elaborate on it. My brain just couldn’t work on anything, but thinking about my friend.

So I called it quits, and went to the skatepark so I could clear my head.

Right when I got to the park, I started thinking about how I was going to learn all these tricks, and I was going to do it for him. The whole time I was trying I was thinking about how dedicated and hard working he was at the things he loved to do, and it provided me with a surge of energy that I can’t even put into words.

Next thing I knew, all the fears I usually have when it comes to skating were gone, and all I could think of was doing it, and guess what, I did it.

For the rest of the day, I could do anything that I tried. The feeling was amazing and made me come to the realization that the human spirit when fueled with the right forms of inspiration is truly an unstoppable force.

Look into your own life. Think of all those things you were thinking about doing, but were too scared for whatever reasons whether it be financial, physical, or any other emotional deterrent. Now focus on all those fears real hard, and you will realize that they are just that, fears. The key is to look right through those fears, and straight to the goal whatever it might be. Everyone has fears, but it takes a special person to ignore them and grab the things you want out of life, and because of a very special friend of mine, I am going to be more like that person.

No comments: